The Beginning

I have always had an interest in money (who hasn't), whether that's spending or saving. In my early 20s, I had maxed out 11, that's right, ELEVEN credit cards. This eventually lead to me dropping out of nursing school to pursue a second job.


Fast forward about three years, I was still tired of always being broke. I hadn't learned my lesson with the cards, I would pay them off, just to build them right back up. There was one time we literally collected change to use the Coinstar to buy groceries. We very carefully selected $25 dollars worth of groceries because we were scared of going over. Get to the checkout line and realized I had lost the Coinstar slip. We had to walk away from our groceries; our meals for the next week. Fortunately I worked at a facility at the time where I could order food against my future paycheck so that's what I did.


Fast forward a couple years later, I had gone back to nursing school and graduated with my LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse).While I was in school, I was at school M-F for 8-12 hours a day (it was an accelerated program) and worked 16hr shifts every Sat and Sun. I was stressed, depressed, and about to the end of my rope. Finally graduated and took state boards, June 20, 2012. I was finally a nurse!


At this time, something in me clicked and I began to SAVE. I had to open a new bank account since my old one had been closed from being empty to long. I worked about 60-70 hours a week, put a lot into savings and then went back to school. While I completed my Registered Nurse education, I only had to work 3-4 days a month since I lived off savings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Middle

Meal Planning

The Future